‘When the single course of our earthly life is completed, we shall not return to other earthly lives’ (CCC 1013).
Reincarnation fails in the following respects:
1. Our longing to escape from ourselves and our failure to recognize God’s unique purpose for our lives. Why? Because with reincarnation, we lose our identity and our core gifts. We shift from one kind of person to another that we don’t know anymore who we really are.
2. Living over and over again is short of God’s mercy that only wills for us to live this painful life once.
3. Reincarnation seeks our attraction on the satisfaction of our desires in this life rather than in the perfect life God wills for us in the new earth.
4. It deceives us into believing we can overcome the weakness of the flesh and of our fallen nature on our own.
5. It eradicates the existence of a loving personal God in whom alone we can find happiness.
6. It makes us believe that all our current sufferings is a just punishment and a result of karma. It ignores the wisdom and truth that even the innocent can suffer and that their suffering is not their due punishment.
7. It ignores the power of grace and mercy.
8. If it evokes us to feel tired of this life and long for the next, won’t we get more exhausted living successive lives starting over and over again rather than receive perfect life in heaven?
9. If reincarnation’s goal is to correct a mistake, how can we ever succeed and get out of the cycle when a new life only breeds more and more mistakes?
10. Belief in reincarnation brings danger of the occult and influence of deceiving spirits that can make people imagine an illusion of a past life.
Bible Verses: Continue reading